Friday, March 4, 2011

Let me start by saying that taking a pretty picture of bean dip is harder than I thought.
I made this Pioneer Woman recipe for our Super Bowl gathering at Ryan and Jen's.  I love hot dips and this one was really good, except that I don't really love jalapenos and you can definitely taste them in this dip.
But it was a good crowd pleaser and easy to throw together.  You could easily double it if you have a big crowd because it doesn't make a huge amount.
1 can (14 oz.) black-eyed peas
1/4 whole onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup sour cream
8 slices jarred jalapenos
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
3 Tbs. salsa
Hot sauce, to taste (I used a little Tobasco)
Salt and pepper, to taste

*Drain black-eyed peas and partially mash them, leaving some whole.  Add all other ingredients and stir well to combine.  Spread into a casserole dish and bake for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...